In this tutorial, I will be showing how to install WAMP or port 8080 (default port is 80) and how to setup WAMP. For me basically everything went fine. The problem I encountered was when setting up the virtual hosts. Download WAMP here and Install. Use a good text editor such as Sublime Text
1. Navigate to C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\conf\httpd.conf and edit lined no 513, simply remove # sign in front of the line. This will enable virtual hosts
2. Navigate to line 240 and change the code as follows (change denied to granted). This will fix the issues you might encounter later when setting up virtual sites.
Require all granted
3. Edit Line 62 and 63, change ports to 8080 (default is 80)
4. Now goto C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf and edit/copy the following code. Make this file minimal as possible to avoid errors. Remove log files and other dummy email address.
5. Now start WAMP. You can do it from command prompt
net start wampapache
6. Access the site localsite:8080 (do NOT forget the port)
7. Make sure you have made an entry in Windows host file (location: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host) as such
If you get any error, reply in the comment below